While health and safety should always be top priorities in any industry, they are especially important in food processing facilities. Without proper food hygiene techniques, production lines run the risk of product contamination – like when a gluten-free product comes into contact with gluten, or when food is exposed to toxins like salmonella or listeria. This often leads to serious consumer health risks.
At AFE, we strive to provide the most hygienic, energy-efficient, and reliable food processing equipment in the world. AFE’s Clean in Place system offers a convenient, automated way to keep your freezer hygienic. Available with all spiral freezers and IQF tunnel freezers, the automatic CIP system thoroughly cleans the interior of your freezer as well as each individual component – saving you valuable time and money.
How Does a CIP System Work?
CIP systems are extremely beneficial for operations since they clean interior parts like pipes, tanks, processing vessels, and associated fittings. These components can often be hard to access and can also require ample time to disassemble and reassemble.
With an automatic CIP system, all you have to do is press one button and your freezer will clean itself. Just like any modern washing machine, a CIP-equipped freezer contains a timer that controls washing cycles. The system uses high pressure to pump a mixture of water and detergent directly to individual components.
Since the CIP process is automated, it provides consistent and complete cleaning of your freezer. This eliminates the inconsistencies of manual cleaning, resulting in improved food safety and a higher bottom line.
What Are the Benefits of an Automatic CIP System?
• Improved food safety levels
• Reduced labor costs
• Significant reduction in water usage
• Increased production time
• Improved safety/Reduction in slip-and-fall accidents
• Consistent and reproducible cleaning
• Sanitization of hard-to-reach areas
Why Should You Use AFE’s Clean in Place System?
• AFE’s Clean in Place system is custom engineered to your specific freezer’s design and optimized to completely remove residue and shorten cycle times. Our innovative system delivers the highest hygiene levels while decreasing the volume of detergent.
• Our CIP system uses an adjustable rotating nozzle assembly to clean the inside of your freezer and all of its components. Nozzles installed throughout the freezer’s insulated enclosure rotate to fully distribute detergent and sanitizing products. The CIP then follows with a thorough rinsing, giving you reliable and complete spray coverage throughout your freezer.
• Our nozzles are placed strategically to provide overlapping coverage, eliminating dead zones.
• We use an open style tank for our CIP system. This allows for easy cleaning and inspection.
• Our touch screen CIP control panels are easily accessed and are easy to operate.
• Additionally, AFE’s CIP pasteurization system heats up to 173 degrees Fahrenheit (78 degrees Celsius). This ensures the destruction of harmful bacteria that may survive at lower temperatures.
Can a Clean in Place System Be Installed in an Existing Freezer?
Yes! AFE can retrofit a CIP system into your existing spiral freezer or IQF tunnel freezer. Whether you are purchasing a new freezer or already have one, we can completely integrate our CIP process control systems into your machine – leaving you with automatic, trouble-free cleaning and higher economic efficiency.
Investing in AFE’s Clean in Place system will pay off for years to come. Contact us for a free estimate on upgrading your new freezer or retrofitting your existing freezer with a CIP system.